Redox Solutions a an Indianapolis based chemical manufacturer specializing in the production of “Mackinawite” structured iron sulfide based reagents.
• Dissolution / Precipitation
• Occlusion / Mixed crystal formation / Physical entrapment
• Surface adsorption
• Electron Transfer / Electron “Hopping”
• They have the ability to remove multiple metals in multiple valiance states.
• They have the ability to simultaneously reduce Cr(6+) to Cr(3+) and bind up the Cr(3+) into the mineral structure, even in highly alkaline waste(s).
• They are extremely effective on waste(s) containing oxidized and elemental mercury (Hg), and/or uranium (U).
• They are effective on mixed-organic (chlorinated) / inorganic wastes streams.
• Highly distorted crystalline structure which allows for optimal reactivity.
• Stable and less prone to oxidation prior to application either in-situ or ex-situ.
• Synthesized abiotically at our chemical plant located in Indianapolis, Indiana with particle sizes ranging from sub-micron to 200-micron.
• Formulated with excess compounds (e.g. sulfide, iron, aluminum) depending upon on site conditions or the “contaminants of concern” (COC).
To date, in-situ treatment of heavy metal impacted soils and/or groundwater through biotic iron sulfide formation, has met with varying levels of success. Simply, Redox Solutions abiotically synthesized products eliminate the unknown factors of biotic iron sulfide formation.
Why “roll the dice” by assuming the in-situ conditions will be optimal for biotic mackinawite formation, when you can buy the same mineral compound already synthesized and specifically tailored for your site ?
Easily applied and distributed into the sub-surface to reduce the mobility of the contaminants of concern.
Let us custom formulate a “Mackinawite structured iron sulfide” reagent specifically tailored for your contaminant(s) of concern and site conditions